I don’t know about you but the minute it turns October 1st, it seems like I blink and it’s the holidays. As much fun as parties and events are, they also bring stress and way too much booze, food and family. And the shopping lists. Holiday meals to plan. Overcrowded malls. Needing to be three places at once. And, let’s be honest, there are only so many holiday gatherings before even the best of families can start to wear on our nerves.
I’ve come up with a few tips to keep us from succumbing to the holiday madness, none of which include locking yourself in the bathroom with a bottle of Chardonnay and a hunk of cheese.
- Get your shopping done early. Shop online as much as you can. There’s nothing like crowded parking lots to send a girl over the edge.
- Make your hair and nail appointments now, so you’re not stressing two weeks before Christmas that your roots are showing and you can’t get an appointment anywhere.
- Go easy on yourself. If your holiday dinner doesn’t look like Martha Stewart made it does not mean you’re a failure. It’s just food, people.
- Eat a healthy snack before going to holiday parties. It will keep you from gorging on a calorie filled appetizer.
- Drink lots of water. You know, so the wine can be consumed without fear of a hangover.
- Come see us for a spray tan. It will give you the glow you need no matter what’s going on inside. Look good, feel good.
- Lastly, come see us for a massage and facial. Pretend you’re ‘shopping’. We won’t tell anyone.