What is Red Light Therapy?Featured, General, Spa Services
What is Red-Light Therapy?
Originally discovered by NASA, red light therapy is characterized by the use of infrared light, which possesses strong wavelengths that penetrate deeply into the skin. Red light therapy reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, promotes healing, helps to eliminate sun damage, and improves overall appearance.
Red light therapy uses heat and concentrated light to stimulate circulation and enhance skin’s natural ability to heal. It is non-invasive treatment and does not contain ultraviolet rays. Waves from the infrared spectrum penetrate skin tissue to a depth of up to 10 millimeters. This extra energy helps skin cells increase production of new collagen and enhance turnover of collagen and elastin fibers – key components for skin renewal.
Red light therapy benefits include:
- Improves skin clarity, tone, and texture
- Treats skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema
- Relief from chronic and acute pain
- Decreases injury recovery time
- Increases blood circulation
- Relieves pressure from muscles and joints
- Reduces swelling and inflammation
- Increases collagen production
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines
- Dramatically reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
To learn more and experience the results of this all-natural treatment, visit your local Planet Beach and see what red light therapy can do for you.