Roll It Out at Planet Beach!Products
Introducing our new Fascia Roller, coming soon!
In my last blog post introducing our newest foam rollers, I talked a little bit about fascia. For those of you who missed it, CLICK HERE! A fascia is the band or sheet of connective tissue, primarily collagen, beneath the skin that attaches, stabilizes, encloses, and separates muscles and other internal organs. Because it’s misunderstood, its importance to our health, beauty, and wellness goals often gets overlooked. But fitness & spa gurus are all about fascia because of how interconnected it is to our entire system. When it is unhealthy, fascia is sticky, clumpy, tight, and flaky and forms restrictions, adhesions, and distortions. There are many causes of unhealthy fascia such as a sedentary lifestyle, poor posture, dehydration, overusing or injuring your muscles, unhealthy eating habits, poor sleep quality, and stress. But unhealthy fascia can cause a whole new host of problems including cellulite!
Cellulite is caused from the pockets of fat pushing up through the connective tissue. So, if you treat and manipulate the fascia, you will see a reduction in the appearance of stretch marks and cellulite. Which brings me to the reason for this week’s blog, The Planet Beach & HOTWORX Fascia Roller! For years, women have tried everything to get rid of cellulite. From strict diets to extreme exercise routines, everybody claims to have their own cellulite treatment. But could a simple tool be all we really need to improve the appearance of cellulite prone areas?
Our Fascia Roller is designed to loosen up the fascia all over your body, kind of like foam rolling with a much more rigid, plastic exterior.
How to use our Fascia Roller:
- Facia loves heat, so warm up with a HOTWORX session before rolling for best results.
- If using on bare skin, find an oil, moisturizer, or lubricant you can use to help the roller glide. We suggest our Contour Firming Oil and Enhance Anti-Cellulite cream!
- Begin rubbing the roller over your skin up and down, or side to side. Just like when foam rolling, when you hit a trigger point or tight spot, sit and work on that spot for 30 to 60 seconds as it slowly dissipates.
- Because your fascia is all connected, remember to use the Fascia Roller on the whole body and not just your “trouble areas.”
- Stay hydrated.
- You can do this as often as you’d like, just be careful not to roll over bruised areas.
Make sure next time you visit your local Planet Beach spray & spa for any of our heated spa services that you’ve got our new Fascia Roller handy for after you’ve earned your burn! Your body (especially your booty) will thank you!
Written By: Paige Stuart, Planet Beach Brand Manager & Franchisee