Unwind and Shape Up at Planet BeachHolidays
Thanksgiving has come to an end and although 2020 has been a tumultuous year, there is still so much to be grateful for. This year, our Thanksgiving was celebrated with our immediate family members, opposed to the traditional large gathering of family and friends. Although our group was small, our plates were large and filled with an abundance of turkey and all the fixings. Like most Americans, we far surpassed our recommended caloric intake for the day.
Insider.com posted a recent article featuring these unbelievable facts about Thanksgiving food consumption:
- Around 46 million turkeys are eaten around Thanksgiving, according to the US Poultry and Egg Association. That’s around as many turkeys as the entire population of Spain.
- Americans consume between 2,500 and 4,500 calories at the Thanksgiving table. That’s the equivalent of eating between four and eight Big Macs in a single sitting.
- Americans consume 80 million pounds of cranberries during Thanksgiving, including 5,062,500 gallons of jellied cranberry — enough to fill nearly eight Olympic-sized swimming pools.
- Shoppers purchase nearly 214 million pounds of potatoes and 50 million pounds of sweet potatoes from US supermarkets in the weeks before Thanksgiving, according to the National Grocers Association.
- People purchase nearly 19 million ready-made pies ahead of the holiday.
As blessed as I feel, hearing these stats makes me want to run a marathon! If you over indulged during the Holiday or feel exhausted after shopping on Black Friday, you may want to reduce stress and burn massive amounts of calories at Planet Beach. It’s no secret that Planet Beach spray & spa has always been a place to unwind and escape the daily stresses that life ensues. Due to the evolution of the services offered at Planet Beach, many are foregoing their gym memberships and flocking to Planet Beach as the ultimate fitness, beauty and wellness destination. Where else can you accomplish an amazing work out session, brighten your smile or get a relaxing massage in a socially distanced environment. For a low priced monthly membership, members can enjoy an array of services that will help them unwind and shape up during the Holiday Season!
Written By: Jodie Mateu, VP of Special Events & Productivity