Happy Valentine’s Day!Holidays
Valentine’s Day is celebrated annually on February 14th. It’s the one day each year where love birds across the globe express their love for one another by giving gifts of roses, chocolates and cards filled with words of adoration. For those single out there, it’s a day where you can celebrate your love for friends, family and self. Regardless of your relationship status, you can still partake in the Valentine’s Day festivities by taking time out to give a gift to self or by connecting with a friend that you haven’t seen or spoken to for some time.
I stumbled across the fun list of interesting facts about Valentine’s Day on list25.com, and I had to share them:
- In 1537, England’s King Henry VII officially declared Feb. 14 the holiday of St. Valentine’s Day.
- About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year. This makes it the second largest seasonal card sending time of the year.
- More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold.
- 189 million stems of roses are sold in the U.S. on this day.
- 220,000 is the average number of wedding proposals on Valentine’s Day each year.
- Many believe the X symbol became synonymous with the kiss in medieval times. People who couldn’t write their names signed in front of a witness with an X. The X was then kissed to show their sincerity.
- In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who would be their Valentine. They would wear this name pinned onto their sleeves for one week for everyone to see. This was the origin of the expression “to wear your heart on your sleeve.”
Planet Beach will be giving the gift of rejuvenation this Valentine’s Day by offering a 15% discount on everything red and pink during the entire month of February. This includes one of my favorite services, red light therapy!! Originally discovered by NASA, red light therapy uses infrared light, which possesses strong wavelengths that penetrate deeply into the skin. Red light therapy may reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, promotes healing, helps to eliminate sun damage, and improves overall appearance. An amazing complement to red light therapy is the cellular repair treatment, PB Renew. This product is a uniquely nourishing and restorative cream that may even the skin tone while transforming your skin’s elasticity and firmness. Using PB Renew in conjunction with the red-light therapy will give your skin a refreshed and beautiful look. Whether you have been struck by cupid’s arrow or not, visit a Planet Beach near you to take advantage of this amazing offer for you or a loved one. To find a location near you, visit https://planetbeach.com/spa-locator/.
Happy Valentine’s Day from our Planet Beach family to yours. XOXO
Written By: Jodie Mateu, VP of Special Events & Productivity