The Secret of the Spa BusinessBusiness
“Sign them up, never let them quit and have them bring a friend is the secret to any membership based business.” These are the words of John Paul, experienced fitness industry professional and existing VP of Education & Development for Gold’s Gym.
The first objective in a membership driven business is to retain your members by delivering an exceptional customer experience on a consistent basis. Although operational standards, cleanliness and the delivery of the products and services to the customer are important, the life line of the business lies in the level of customer service demonstrated. It’s the attentiveness, follow up and level of appreciation showed to the customer that makes them commit. Don’t you love it when you walk into a business and they know you on a first name basis? The Coffee Shop that I frequent knows my order as soon as I walk in the door and they know when I’m in a rush and can deliver quickly. As an added bonus, I receive points for each order placed and I’m rewarded with a complimentary iced latte, which is my favorite, once I reach 100 points. Yes, the coffee is exceptional, but the attention to detail and the attentiveness is what keeps me coming back.
The second objective in a membership driven business is to have a member bring a friend or a loved one to share in the experience. By nature, most people are social creatures and crave companionship. When going to the gym, are you a little more motivated if you have someone important to you by your side? Although there are some that possess the self-motivation to stick with a fitness routine without wavering, some need a little inspiration along the way. One study found that 95 percent of those who started a weight-loss program with friends completed the program.
Why do customers stay loyal to a brand? What makes them commit for life? The Ultimate Collection of Loyalty Statistics listed these interesting stats for customer loyalty & retention:
- 95% of loyalty program members want to engage with brands through a mix of new, emerging, and growing tech, including augmented reality, virtual reality, card-on-file and more (Bond)
- 77% of consumers crave free products (HelloWorld)
- 73% of Millennials and 48% of Gen Z said they are influenced to purchase based on loyalty programs (Lab42
- 60% of customers will tell friends and family about a brand they’re loyal to (Yotpo)
- 55% of consumers said the dominant loyalty factor was product quality and 25% said great sales/deals (Yotpo)
- 54% of millennials cited high quality given the price as important contributors to brand loyalty (Morning Consult)
At Planet Beach, we strive to deliver on the promise of providing an exceptional customer experience in an inspiring, alternative atmosphere. Planet Beach is a boutique style spa, where everyone knows your name. Members can enjoy a spa experience at the push of a button in their own private setting. The products and services are amazing, but it’s the trained Spa Consultants that set the bar by providing a comprehensive assessment of your beauty and wellness needs and then customizing a regime that will help you achieve your overall beauty, wellness and fitness goals. Additionally, Planet Beach offers amazing loyalty programs, including their ever-popular Ambassador Program:
- Refer One Friend that Joins, Receive a FREE Month!
- Refer 5 Friends that Join, Receive 1 FREE Year!
- Refer 10 Friends that Join, Receive a FREE Lifetime Membership!
Become a Planet Beach Ambassador and receive a complimentary month by bringing in a friend and having them sign up during the month of July. We promise that once you experience one of the many services that Planet Beach has to offer, you will be hooked for life. Visit https://planetbeach.com/spa-locator/ to find a location nearest you.
Written By: Jodie Mateu, VP of Special Events & Productivity and Franchisee