The Planet Beach International Cover Model Search
THE MOST UNIQUE, EXCITING COVER MODEL SEARCH is once again being re-launched to find 5 lucky ladies that will represent Planet Beach in 2014! The Planet Beach® International Cover Model Program is an annual search that provides unique opportunities for women (ages 18 to 40 years of age) exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for personal self-improvement and an interest in the beauty and wellness industry.
Planet Beach is known for their automated spa concept; a unique and innovative spin on traditional day spas. Planet Beach evolved into the spa industry in 2005 by expanding beyond tanning options to introduce its Relax, Glow and Renew categories of services and products for our customers. These rejuvenating wellness services include more than 20 push button automated spa services including massages, facials, hydration treatments, teeth whitening, red light therapy, as well as nutritional supplements and a skincare line. The automated spa is a unique spin on the traditional day spa giving customers control and offering them unlimited access to a full suite of spa services for a low monthly fee. Planet Beach also offers a wide range of skincare and nutrition products to complement these services.
This Cover Model Search reaches out to women from across the globe and will provide the opportunity to work alongside of the Planet Beach® corporate team on various promotions and marketing projects. The models have the opportunity to become the face of one of our five marketing campaigns for 2014, as well as compete for the title of the Planet Beach® International Cover Model of The Year!
An extensive global search will be organized through local and online casting calls in order to find and select forty models to be invited to the Grand Majestic Hotel & Resort in Punta Cana, in mid-October 2013 (www.majestic-resorts.com) and from there five will be selected to represent the Planet Beach brand in its annual advertising and social media program for the upcoming year. The models will participate in a fabulous TV show and photo shoot campaign that will be launched in January 2014.
Of these five models that will be selected, each will represent a specific campaign to showcase our products and services. Promotional materials will be created for each campaign featuring our Cover Models throughout the world!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
ASPIRING COVER MODELS
Check out our 2013 Cover Model Calendar of Events!
40 contestants will be selected through:
- Casting Calls:
- Online submissions where there are no casting calls ( Note: Online registration can be submitted immediately.)
- Local Casting Calls
- The casting calls will be held in selected host venues during the spring and summer of 2013 with the completion of all preliminary searches (by August 15th 2013). The calendar of events will be on the Planet Beach website/ Cover Model section.
- The winners of the casting calls will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org details on how to advance.
- Forty finalists will attend the International Cover Model Search Finals at the Grand Majestic Hotel & Resort in Punta Cana, www.majestic-resorts.com, in mid-October 2013 to compete for the Top 5 Cover Model positions.
- If there is no casting calls available in your area please email email@example.com for information on how to compete!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION ( can be done immediately )
- You are asked to provide a full length video, bio and 4 photos (a headshot, a recent body shot in a bikini, a fashion or lifestyle shot and a main image that you feel best represents who you are) The bio is attached to this document and is to be completed and sent with your photos and video.
- The video requires to be a full body angle and you are required to talk about who you are, your passions and why you should be chosen (max 2-3min)
- If you have any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Material should be sent to her directly.
*** After registering, you will receive more information with details about the process. Details to come shortly.***
WHAT YOU CAN WIN:
- 1st: Win The Planet Beach Local Castings and Enter our Exciting Online Competition,
- 2nd: Become one of the 40 contestants that will be invited to The Grand Majestic 5 Stars Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic,
- 3rd: Then Win One of Top 5 Planet Beach Cover Model Spots for 2014,
- 4th: Win Cover Model of the Year at the Cover Model of the Year Finale at the Annual Planet Beach Convention.
The 2013 Cover Model program will provide 5 lucky individuals with an opportunity to win part of a prize package totaling over $100,000!
Individually, each model will receive a $10,000 prize package that includes $5,000 in cash, a one-year spa membership and travel accommodations at exotic destinations. The models will also become the stars of our 2014 Cover Model TV show, they will attend photo and video shoots around the world with the opportunity to participate in trade shows and be given the chance to be the face and voice of one of our 2014 marketing and social media campaigns.
In addition, the Cover Model of the Year will be featured on our E-Catalog and Website and win a Franchise License to open her very own spa valued at $39,950!
Peoples’ Choice, Best Video and Fitness Model competitions will begin in September 2013. The winners of each competition will advance to the top 40 and will be announced in Punta Cana, during the awards ceremony. Additional instructions are provided on the Model Login page of the voting website. The winners will receive the following:
- WIN $1,000 for the Peoples’ Choice Award - All friends, family, co-workers and Facebook friends of one of the selected winners are asked to vote for their favorite model. In addition to the cash prize of $1,000.00, the Peoples’ Choice Award winner will be featured on the cover model section of the Planet Beach website for the duration of 1 year. Voting starts in September 2013.
- WIN $1,000 for the Best Video Award - Planet Beach will determine a winner by accuracy of descriptions and overall presentation. In addition to the $1,000 cash award, the Best Video Award winner will also be featured on Planet Beach’s social media, marketing campaigns and have a their video on the Planet Beach’s Youtube channel. The video requirements include an introduction (tell us about yourself), tell us why you love Planet Beach, how you would be the best representative and the reason of your favorite Planet Beach service and product.
- WIN $1,000 with the Fitness Model Award (Sponsored by GymMatrix) - GymMatrix is generously offering $1,000 to the model who’s photos and video best represents a healthy lifestyle and a strong passion for fitness.
For additional information on how you can participate, please contact our executive director, Caroline Bernier.
SPONSORS: The Planet Beach International Cover Model program could not exist without the continued generous support from our community of sponsors and host. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our Sponsors. If you are interested in sponsoring our Cover Model Program, please contact Caroline Bernier at caroline.bernier@planetbeach.
ARE YOU A PROMOTER?:
Would you like to host a Planet Beach Cover Model Casting event? Contact email@example.com if you are a promoter that would like to include our casting event as part of one of your fashion, entertainment or nightlife events. Also, if you would like to include our casting event as one of your STAR promotions for your spring or summer schedule and be part of a national television broadcast, contact
Syndicated Television Show
The 2013 Planet Beach International Cover Model television show will air from coast to coast in Summer of 2013. Check back often for updates!
Click HERE to meet our current spokesperson, LauRen Merola, as well as our previous winners!
Meet Our Executive Cover Model Director, Caroline Bernier!
Caroline Bernier, Executive Cover Model Director, has had a noteworthy career featuring a variety of artistic activities and multidisciplinary skills. She has worked in the arts, fashion and event planning worlds for more than 20 years. During those years, Caroline started her career working for the Miss Universe pageant system, has developed promotions, events and marketing plans in more than 60 countries for Hawaiian Tropic (Playtex, Energizer) and Planet Beach contempo spas. She has produced more than 200 major events worldwide and over 500 more events in Canada.
Added to her travels, are preparing and staging event logistics (sets, music, props, choreography, etc.) in several renowned theaters worldwide, including Cirque du Soleil’s Mystery Theater at Treasure Island in Las Vegas, Storm Theater at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, for Norwegian Cruise Lines, the Trump hotel chain, and Universal Studios, as well as managing logistics for launching albums for numerous artists, and coordinating fashion shows for the top designers in Canada and Europe.
Caroline has created many advertising and art videos involving a variety of staging (scenery, music, props, choreography, logistics), and several major corporate events and television programs.