Guest Blogger: Rachael Todd
Certified Health Coach and Yoga Instructor, Certified in Positive Psychology
This series for increasing the inflammatory affects of Planet Beach and HOTWORX services is focused on nutritional ingredients that you can add into your daily regime to take the results even further.
At Planet Beach you will find services that strive to ultimately make you feel better and look better, but they do this by reducing inflammation in the body. Utilizing red light therapy, guided meditation, the hydration station, the HOTWORX infrared sauna and more, these powerful treatments are ancient technologies that are available to you.
Next on the list is a medicinal root. You know it as ginger. It’s not just the pink garnish on your sushi platter. It has so many incredible uses! Add it to your recipes at home, add it to your fresh juices in the mornings or even drink it as tea!
Ginger is a flowering plant that originated from China.
It belongs to the Zingiberaceae family, and is closely related to turmeric, cardomon and galangal.
Some fast facts about ginger:
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, antiseptic, analgesic
- Boosts immunity
- Relieves nausea and vomiting
- Effective against exercise-induced muscle pain
- May drastically lower blood sugars and improve heart disease
- Can help treat chronic indigestion
- Reduces menstrual pain
- May lower cholesterol levels
- Ginger extract has been studied as an alternative treatment for several forms of cancer
- The antioxidants and bioactive compounds in ginger can inhibit the inflammatory responses that occur in the brain
- Protects against age related decline in brain function
- Inhibits the growth of bacteria
The reason we want to focus on anti-inflammatory foods is because all disease begins with chronic inflammation. When the body is spending too much time in an inflamed state, it can no longer optimally function.
By decreasing inflammation you are reducing your risk of illness and disease. When our minds and bodies are in their healthiest state we can focus on becoming the best versions of ourselves; physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually.